Sunday, June 3, 2012

My Only Camera

I recently got a camera I've had my eyes on for quite some time. I sold my DSLR, and every digital camera I have, but kept my two 35mm film cameras. I got a limited edition FujiX100. A fixed focal length lens at 18mm, completely black, and only 10,000 made worldwide. It's a street photographers secret weapon. Small, discreet, and basically silent. A camera like that doesn't attract attention, which in turn, makes you look like an everyday normal sightseer. I haven't had the chance to visit Dallas and walk around, but I recently heard a quote from someone saying "You don't have to be walking in the street to be a street photographer, it can in the grocery store, walking in your neighborhood, anywhere." I'll top off the quote and say you don't need half a dozen lenses to make you a good photographer, nor do you need a 25 megapixel camera that costs as much as a small car. You gotta be creative, and make the best out of what you have. Learn it, tweak it, memorize it, and let it become an extension of your eye.







No comments:

Post a Comment